A Tourist in Rome - Torre degli Annibaldi
|Location:||On Via degli Annibaldi (the road from Via Cavour to the Colosseum)|
|Time:||about 10 minutes|
|Hours:||Viewable at any time|
Torre degli Annibaldi was built in 1204 by Pietro Annibaldi and was later incorporated into the fortifications of the St. Mary Monestary. The palace-castle was seriously damaged during the sack of Rome in 1527 and finally demolished in 1544, but the tower remained standing. The tower faces another medieval tower, the Torre Borgia.