Jacob Chapman School, Bangor Township, Bay County, Michigan
Location: 43.63862, -83.91645, at 3490 Old Kawkawlin Rd, Bay City, MI.
Jacob Chapman School (Bangor District No 1) is a rectangular one-story wood frame schoolhouse with a gable roof, painted white, and resting on a cement block foundation. It was built in 1885 by builder E. Jacob Pfeifer (architect Dillon P. Clark) and used as a school until 1963. There are 5 windows on one side and 4 windows on the other, the center window on that side having been converted into a second doorway, with a gabled roof above it sheltering the doorway. The front face of the building has a single centered entrance door with a gabled roof above it sheltering it, with two pillars supporting that gable. There is no school identification sign, bell tower, or school bell. During the 1980s, the ownership of the schoolhouse was passed to Bangor Township. The school briefly became a recreational facility for youth boxing and township events. It is now used as a storage facility for township school records.