Houston School, Fredonia Township, Calhoun County, Michigan
Location: 42.26503, -84.95158, at 720 Fair St, Marshall, MI.
Houston School (Fredonia District No 1) was built in 1836 moved from Fredonia Township to the Calhoun County Fairgrounds in Marshall Township in 2005. It is a wood-frame structure painted white with an asphalt shingle roof. It has a belltower off the peak of the building, but it is enclosed so no school bell is visible. However two school bells are on display: one in front of the school and one on the side. There are four large windows on both sides of the schoolhouse, and a centered single door with windows on either side.