Jefferson Red Brick School, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan

Location: 41.87470, -86.01075, at M-62 and Brick Church Rd, Cassopolis, MI.

Jefferson Red Brick School was built in the 1848 or the 1850s, was used until 1958, and is currently a museum for the Cass County Historical Society. It's a red-brick structure with a wooden foyer added onto the front, probably to keep the cold out, or provide a place for coats and boots. Three windows are on each side of the building, and probably two in the back, though one is now converted to a door. The front foyer has a single doorway and two small windows on each side to let a little light into the foyer. It also has the bell tower on its roof, with a school bell inside. It's located in a beautiful treed park-like plot of land.

    
Jefferson Red Brick School, currently a museum, Cass County Historical Society, 1870-1958, built in 1850s, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan
    
Jefferson Red Brick School, currently a museum, Cass County Historical Society, 1870-1958, built in 1850s, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan
    
Jefferson Red Brick School, currently a museum, Cass County Historical Society, 1870-1958, built in 1850s, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan
    
Jefferson Red Brick School, currently a museum, Cass County Historical Society, 1870-1958, built in 1850s, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan
    
Jefferson Red Brick School, currently a museum, Cass County Historical Society, 1870-1958, built in 1850s, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan
    
Jefferson Red Brick School, currently a museum, Cass County Historical Society, 1870-1958, built in 1850s, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan
    
Jefferson Red Brick School, currently a museum, Cass County Historical Society, 1870-1958, built in 1850s, Jefferson Township, Cass County, Michigan

[Home]                         copyright (c) 2012-2022 by Jeff Bondono (email)