Stanley School, Genesee Township, Genesee County, Michigan
Location: 43.09308, -83.64979, in Crossroads Village, 6140 Bray Rd, Flint, MI.
Stanley School (Genesee District No 4) was originally made of logs, named for Sherman Stanley, a prominent local citizen who moved from New York in 1835, and was located on Stanley Road. In 1883 this rectangular red-brick schoolhouse was built for $1276 to replace it. The schoolhouse has 3 large arched windows on either side, and two in the front, one on either side of the single centered door. Above the door is the schoolhouse identification sign, reading "School District No 4, Genesee, 1883". Above that is some projecting decorative dental brickwork under the roof, and a bell tower with a school bell rests on the roof. The 8 windows and the door all have a double-row arch made with non-projecting edge-on bricks. The schoolhouse remained in use until 1963. It was used as a storage facility from 1963 until 1975, when it was moved 1/4 mile to Crossroads Village, where it was restored and still stands today.