Herron School, Emerson Township, Gratiot County, Michigan
Location: 43.30647, -84.55325, on the north side of E St Charles, between N Bagley and N Baldwin Rds, in Ithaca, Michigan.
Herron School (Emerson District No 9) was built in 1902 according to the still-existing sign above where the front door once was. The entire front face of the school has been removed, apparently to make a farm storage shed? It is a rectangular brick structure with 4 large arched windows on each side, mainly boarded up now. The interior could use a fresh coat of paint.