Sand Creek School, Litchfield Township, Hillsdale County, Michigan
Location: 42.03916, -84.76022, at 153 Mill Street, Litchfield, MI.
Sand Creek School (Litchfield District No 6) was open from 1866 to the 1940s. This schoolhouse was built in 1875. It was donated by Rosemary Chapman to the Litchfield Area Historical Society in 1986 and moved to Hervey Smith Park where it was restored and is a destination for elementary school field trips. It is a wood-frame schoolhouse painted white with 3 large windows on each side, a single centered front door with a large window on either side of the door, an enclosed bell tower with the school bell displayed in the back yard, and a metal roof.