South Allen District No 4 School, Allen Township, Hillsdale County, Michigan
Location: 41.95443, -84.78066, in Preston's Gaslight Village (which might be closed - check status before visiting), at 8651 W Chicago Rd, Allen, MI.
South Allen District No 4 School was built in 1843 and is the oldest framed building in Hillsdale County, Michigan. It was originally located at the intersection of Allen Road and Arkansas Road, in Allen Township. It was moved at some point to Preston's Gaslight Village. The building is an extremely simple one, a simple rectangle in shape with no architectural details to speak of and no bell tower. It is painted white in its entirety, with 3 rather small windows (for a schoolhouse) on each side, and one on each side of the single central door.