Berlin District No 4 School, Berlin Township, Ionia County, Michigan
Location: 42.9558, -85.1341
Berlin District No 4 School was built in 1898 to replace the cobblestone Sessions School, across the street, with a larger schoolhouse since the student population exceeded that school's capacity of 35 students. Three large windows are on one side, four on the other. A centered door is the only opening on the front of the building. Above it is a sign "District No 4, 1898". The schoolhouse was deeded to Ionia County for use by the Sheriff's Posse. A sign painted beside the door features a large white sheriff's star with the words "Ionia County Sheriff's Posse Club House" inside, whatever that means.