Bohannon School, Union Township, Isabella County, Michigan
Location: 43.5895, -84.7803, at the southwest corner of West Campus Drive and Preston Street.
Bohannon School (Gerald L Poor School Museum) was built in 1901 (some sources say 1880s) in Jasper Township, near Midland, Michigan. After it closed in 1950 due to a drop in enrollment and a lack of funds, it was moved in 1970 to it's current location on the campus of Central Michigan University and renamed to the Gerald L Poor School Museum. It was restored by the Museum of Cultural and Natural History. Donated artifacts helped to make it complete. The building is a rectangular wood-frame structure with a small addition on the back. It has 4 large windows on each side, a centered front door, and an off-center rear door in the addition. There are no windows on the front or back. There is a bell tower on the peak of the roof near the front of the building, with a school bell inside.