Sikes School, Washington Township, Macomb County, Michigan
Location: 42.77304, -83.01921, at the northwest corner of Van Dyke Avenue and 30 Mile Road, in Washington Township, MI.
Sikes School was built in 1869 at Sikes Corner (across Van Dyke Avenue from the current location, on the northeast corner). It is a rectangular wood-frame structure with four medium-sized windows on each side, and two front doors (one for boys, one for girls) with a roof over the doors. The school closed in 1922. After closing, the schoolhouse was used as a garage and storage building for 69 years before it was moved across the street to the Bowerman Westview Orchards, where it was restored to 1869 condition by the Bowerman family, who attended the school.