Arnold School, Addison Township, Oakland County, Michigan

Location: 42.88328, -83.14420

Arnold School (Addison District No 8) was built in 1856 at the corner of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, and was closed 100 years later in 1956. It is a wood-frame schoolhouse, painted white with a red asphalt shingle roof. It has a centered single door in the front and two medium-sized windows on each side. No abundance of light in this schoolhouse! A bell tower exists near the front of the peak of the roof, but no school bell is inside. Some time before 2009 it was offered to the fire department for burn training by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church. Instead it was saved by selling it for $1 and moving it on September 9, 2009, to a location 8 miles away, at 4 miles per hour at a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation at Addison Watershed Park in Addison Township, Michigan.

    
Arnold School, District No 8, Addison Township, built in 1856, closed in 1956, originally at the crossroads of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, relocated on September 9, 2009, to Addison Watershed Park, Addison Township, Michigan. Before the move it was offered to the fire department by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church, to the fire department to burn for training. Instead the schoolhouse was saved by selling it for $1, and was moved 8 miles at 4 miles per hour and a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation.
    
Arnold School, District No 8, Addison Township, built in 1856, closed in 1956, originally at the crossroads of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, relocated on September 9, 2009, to Addison Watershed Park, Addison Township, Michigan. Before the move it was offered to the fire department by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church, to the fire department to burn for training. Instead the schoolhouse was saved by selling it for $1, and was moved 8 miles at 4 miles per hour and a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation.
    
Arnold School, District No 8, Addison Township, built in 1856, closed in 1956, originally at the crossroads of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, relocated on September 9, 2009, to Addison Watershed Park, Addison Township, Michigan. Before the move it was offered to the fire department by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church, to the fire department to burn for training. Instead the schoolhouse was saved by selling it for $1, and was moved 8 miles at 4 miles per hour and a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation.
    
Arnold School, District No 8, Addison Township, built in 1856, closed in 1956, originally at the crossroads of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, relocated on September 9, 2009, to Addison Watershed Park, Addison Township, Michigan. Before the move it was offered to the fire department by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church, to the fire department to burn for training. Instead the schoolhouse was saved by selling it for $1, and was moved 8 miles at 4 miles per hour and a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation.
    
Arnold School, District No 8, Addison Township, built in 1856, closed in 1956, originally at the crossroads of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, relocated on September 9, 2009, to Addison Watershed Park, Addison Township, Michigan. Before the move it was offered to the fire department by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church, to the fire department to burn for training. Instead the schoolhouse was saved by selling it for $1, and was moved 8 miles at 4 miles per hour and a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation.
    
Arnold School, District No 8, Addison Township, built in 1856, closed in 1956, originally at the crossroads of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, relocated on September 9, 2009, to Addison Watershed Park, Addison Township, Michigan. Before the move it was offered to the fire department by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church, to the fire department to burn for training. Instead the schoolhouse was saved by selling it for $1, and was moved 8 miles at 4 miles per hour and a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation.
    
Arnold School, District No 8, Addison Township, built in 1856, closed in 1956, originally at the crossroads of Hosner and Lakeville Roads, relocated on September 9, 2009, to Addison Watershed Park, Addison Township, Michigan. Before the move it was offered to the fire department by its owners, the Addison Township Community Church, to the fire department to burn for training. Instead the schoolhouse was saved by selling it for $1, and was moved 8 miles at 4 miles per hour and a cost of $9700 onto a new foundation.

[Home]                         copyright (c) 2012-2022 by Jeff Bondono (email)