Putnam School, Sciota Township, Shiawasee County, Michigan
Location: 42.93476, -84.32888, at 3990 Leland Rd, Laingsburg, MI.
Putnam School (Basswood School, Leland School, Sciota District No 3) is now Sciota Township Hall. One of the early settlers of Sciota Township was Cornelius Putnam and he is considered the first pioneer. He brought his family from Buffalo, New York in 1836. It's a rectangular wood-frame structure painted white. The design is unusual in that there are 5 large windows on the front of the building, with a front door on either side of them. The doors are covered by awnings. There are 2 large windows and one small one on the left side the building. No bell tower or school bell remains. The building is now used as Sciota Township Hall.