Clyde School, Clyde Township, St Clair County, Michigan

Location: 43.05338,-82.57530, on the east side of Wildcat Road, just north of Beard Rd.

Clyde School was built in 1879. It is a wooden schoolhouse, painted white, with an intact bell tower, albeit containing a lamp rather than a school bell. The building is now used as Clyde Town Hall. It was renovated fairly recently since this photo from 2006 shows it in pretty rough shape. A comment to that photo from 2010 says it had been renovated by then. The front face features a double-wide centered door with a large window on either side of it. That door and two windows have decorative moldings above them. The sides of the schoolhouse both have 3 large windows, but they are not decorated at all.

    
Clyde School, built in 1879, located on the east side of Wildcat Road, just north of Beard Rd in Clyde Township, St Clair County, Michigan. The building is now used as Clyde Town Hall.
    
Clyde School, built in 1879, located on the east side of Wildcat Road, just north of Beard Rd in Clyde Township, St Clair County, Michigan. The building is now used as Clyde Town Hall.
    
Clyde School, built in 1879, located on the east side of Wildcat Road, just north of Beard Rd in Clyde Township, St Clair County, Michigan. The building is now used as Clyde Town Hall.
    
Clyde School, built in 1879, located on the east side of Wildcat Road, just north of Beard Rd in Clyde Township, St Clair County, Michigan. The building is now used as Clyde Town Hall.
    
Clyde School, built in 1879, located on the east side of Wildcat Road, just north of Beard Rd in Clyde Township, St Clair County, Michigan. The building is now used as Clyde Town Hall.
    
Clyde School, built in 1879, located on the east side of Wildcat Road, just north of Beard Rd in Clyde Township, St Clair County, Michigan. The building is now used as Clyde Town Hall.

[Home]                         copyright (c) 2012-2022 by Jeff Bondono (email)