Flowerfield Fractional District No 1 School, Flowerfield Township, St Joseph County, Michigan
Location: withheld since this is now a private residence.
Flowerfield Fractional District No 1 was built in 1885. It is a rectangular red brick structure on a fieldstone foundation which is now a private residence. It has a single centered front door with an awning above it and a school identification sign above that which reads "No 1 Fractional 1885". A bell tower with a light but no visible school bell is above that on the front of the roof peak. A large arched window is on both sides of the front door, and 3 on each side of the schoolhouse, one of which has been converted into a side door. The 5 side windows have green shutters. The 9 windows and doors all have a 2-row arch made of non-projecting edge-on bricks above them, with a projecting keystone in the center. The school has a modern metal roof in excellent condition.