Wood School, Bangor Township, Van Buren County, Michigan

Location: withheld since this school is still in use.

Wood School (Bangor Fractional District No 8) was established in 1849, built in 1864 after a fire destroyed the school across the street, and is still in use in 2018. It is a wood-frame structure painted white. It has a single centered front door with a very small foyer room, and a window on both sides of that foyer room. The south side of the school has 6 large windows and the north side has 2 windows and a small addition. There is no bell tower, but a school bell is on display in the front yard, with playground equipment in the back/side yard.

    
Wood School
    
Wood School
    
Wood School

[Home]                         copyright (c) 2012-2022 by Jeff Bondono (email)