Newburg School, Livonia Township, Wayne County, Michigan
Location: 42.43898, -83.41655, in Greenmead Historical Village, at 20501 Newburgh Rd, Livonia, MI.
Newburg School (Livonia District No 8) was originally a small log structure built in 1831. In 1861, the log building was replaced with a new one room frame school building built for $400. The interior consisted of one classroom and two cloakrooms. The frame building was used until 1922, when it was replaced with a four room brick school. The frame Newburg School was donated to the city and moved to Livonia Historical Village at Greenmead in March of 1987. It is a white schoolhouse with 3 windows on each side, each with a single shutter on one side that covers the entire window. A single door is centered on the front of the building, with a small roof above it and a window on either side of it. There is a bell tower on the roof with a school bell inside, a double outhouse in the back yard, and a manual water pump in the side yard.