Wash Oak School, Northville Township, Wayne County, Michigan
Location: 42.43303, -83.47977, at Mill Race Historical Village in Northville, MI.
Wash Oak School served Washtenaw and Oakland counties as a one room school house from 1873-1966, located on the west side of Currie Road, between Seven and Eight Mile roads, in Salem Township of Washtenaw County. It was moved to its current location in Mill Race Village in Wayne County's city of Northville in 1975. It is a rectangular wood-frame schoolhouse painted red with white trim on a fieldstone foundation. The front of the school has a centered door and no windows. There are 3 windows on each side. A bell tower is on the peak of the roof above the front door, but is enclosed with louvers making it impossible to see whether there's a school bell inside.