Herron (Emerson District No 9) School, Emerson Township, Gratiot County, Michigan

Location: 43.30647, -84.55325, on the north side of E St Charles, between N Bagley and N Baldwin Rds, in Ithaca, Michigan.

Herron School, also called Emerson District No. 9 School was built in 1902 according to the still-existing sign above where the front door once was. The entire front face of the school has been removed, apparently to make a farm storage shed?

    
Herron (Emerson District No. 9) School (1902), one-room schoolhouse, on the north side of E St Charles, between N Bagley and N Baldwin Rds, in Ithaca, Michigan, with its entire front face vandalized (to make a storage shed??)
    
Herron (Emerson District No. 9) School (1902), one-room schoolhouse, on the north side of E St Charles, between N Bagley and N Baldwin Rds, in Ithaca, Michigan
    
Herron (Emerson District No. 9) School (1902), one-room schoolhouse, on the north side of E St Charles, between N Bagley and N Baldwin Rds, in Ithaca, Michigan
    
Herron (Emerson District No. 9) School (1902), one-room schoolhouse, on the north side of E St Charles, between N Bagley and N Baldwin Rds, in Ithaca, Michigan

[Home]                         copyright (c) 2012-2021 by Jeff Bondono (email)