Gaffield School, Winfield Township, Montcalm County, Michigan
Location: 43.25211, -85.10345, originally in Howard City, MI, moved to Heritage Village, Sidney, MI.
Gaffield School was established in 1904, and originally located at the northeast corner of W Almy Rd and N Amble Rd, near Howard City, Michigan. It was used to educate students until the 1950s. In 1986 it was moved to the campus of Montcalm Community College and became the first of more than 25 buildings forming Heritage Village, in Sidney, Michigan. The school now has white siding, a bright red front door with a prominent sign above it. The bell tower still holds a schoolbell, and an outhouse (possibly two, one for boys and one for girls) is behind the schoolhouse. A small modern chimney vents the pot-belly stove still in the schoolhouse. A manual pump for a well stands beside the schoolhouse.