Wing Lake School, Bloomfield Township, Oakland County, Michigan

Location: 42.54493, -83.29706, at the northwest corner of Maple Rd and Wing Lake Rd.

Wing Lake School was built from local fieldstone in 1859. It is the oldest school in Bloomfield Township, Michigan, located at the northwest corner of Wing Lake Road and Maple Road in Oakland County. A large school system development center has been built behind the schoolhouse in the same exterior style.

    
Wing Lake School, 1859, made of local fieldstone. This is the oldest school in Bloomfield Township, Michigan, located at the northwest corner of Wing Lake Road and Maple Road in Oakland County. A large school system development center has been built behind the schoolhouse in the same exterior style.
    
Wing Lake School, 1859, made of local fieldstone. This is the oldest school in Bloomfield Township, Michigan, located at the northwest corner of Wing Lake Road and Maple Road in Oakland County. A large school system development center has been built behind the schoolhouse in the same exterior style.
    
Wing Lake School, 1859, made of local fieldstone. This is the oldest school in Bloomfield Township, Michigan, located at the northwest corner of Wing Lake Road and Maple Road in Oakland County. A large school system development center has been built behind the schoolhouse in the same exterior style.
    
Wing Lake School, 1859, made of local fieldstone. This is the oldest school in Bloomfield Township, Michigan, located at the northwest corner of Wing Lake Road and Maple Road in Oakland County. A large school system development center has been built behind the schoolhouse in the same exterior style.
    
Wing Lake School, 1859, made of local fieldstone. This is the oldest school in Bloomfield Township, Michigan, located at the northwest corner of Wing Lake Road and Maple Road in Oakland County. A large school system development center has been built behind the schoolhouse in the same exterior style.

The bell on display beside the schoolhouse is the original bell from Wing Lake School, dedicated to Geneva Forslund for 39 years of devoted service, Sept 1928 - June 1967.

    
The original bell from Wing Lake School, dedicated to Geneva Forslund for 39 years of devoted service, Sept 1928 - June 1967.

[Home]                         copyright (c) 2012-2021 by Jeff Bondono (email)