Blaess School, Pittsfield Township, Washtenaw County, Michigan
Location: 42.18324, -83.77892, at 520 Woodland Dr E, Saline, MI.
The Blaess School, also called Weber-Blaess and Downer School and District 13 Lodi Township, was built in 1867 on Ellsworth Road in Lodi Township, directly over the site where a previous 1852 schoolhouse had burned down to the ground. It was originally located about 7 miles from its current location, where it was moved to on June 19, 2002. After extensive historical renovation, it was dedicated on September 26, 2004. Lots of information about the school can be read on the Saline Area Historical Society web site. The school is now a white sided building, with an intact bell tower and school bell, and a manual water pump beside the school. A modern chimney was built during the restoration from old bricks.