Beech Road School, Redford Township, Wayne County, Michigan
Location: 42.42456, -83.29723, at 18499 Beech Daly Rd, Redford Township, MI.
Beech Road School, AKA Redford Township District No. 5 School, is the third of three schools that have stood on this property. A log structure served students from around 1842 until the 1870s when a wooden-frame school was constructed. The present school, built between 1916 and 1921 was erected according to stock plans provided free by the state superintendent of public instruction, who noted: "The modern rural building is planned to observe both hygienic needs and the conveniences of schoolroom administration." Renamed Redford Union District No 1 in 1923, and known popularly as the Beech Road School, this is a rare surviving example of a school that exhibits every detail of the state superintendent's design, including the belfry and the simple decorative brickwork. Please read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redford_Township_District_No._5_School for more information about this school.