Maple Ridge School, Clayton Township, Arenac County, Michigan
Location: withheld since this is now a private residence.
The original Maple Ridge Schoolhouse (Clayton School District No 2) was built in 1871 and used until 1927, then replaced by this cobblestone schoolhouse in 1928. It is now a private residence. There are many windows in the building so the schoolroom was probably well lit. No bell tower exists any longer. The school identification sign above the 3 windows, just below the peak of the roof, reads "Clayton School, Dist. No. 2 1928, Sam Anderson Director". The design of this school looks similar to Capitol Hill School, Monterey Center School, McKinley School, Old Stone School, Thayer School, Salisbury School and Bell Tower School.